I am pleased to report that we had an extremely successful 3 Hour in Bulawayo finishing 1st in Class.
- Qualifying 2nd in class and 10th overall behind some local favourite made for an extremely exciting afternoon.
- I do believe the fantastic hospitality we received from the racing fraternity in Zimbabwe made for a number of SA boys being a little slow early morning qualifying …… they had a plan for us.
- Adrian Dalton picked up the 1st leg of the race and managed to get us into the lead around lap 10 – we then managed to start slowly started edging away with consistent lap times close on lap records pass for our class .
- Switching over at the halfway mark we were had a lap in the bag buffer , this we needed towards the end of the race the car encountered gearbox problems losing 3rd gear pulling out the pits (thx Adrian ).
- Running the car in 4th and 5th made for exciting racing especially with a number of Shelby Can Am and BMW 335I production cars running in on you in the tight sections.
- Having 4th and 5th was not be as 4th gear decided to go 10 minutes before the end – wow you can you just image what was going through my head …………
- Needless to say the Shield Golf hung in to the bitter end and by this stage we had converted a number of the locals to cheering supporters and giving us a warm welcome coming into the pits after the race.
What an amazing experience.
Shield we appreciate all the support .